Edit 4: Server & Mods are all back up and working. We’re aware some players exploited the ownership mod resource bug and are looking into it.
Edit 3: Server has been up since last night – but the ownership mod doesn’t work because it needs an update to fix.
EDIT 2: SERVER BACK UP WITH MODS!
edit: Server is back up – no mods at the moment – waiting on the oxide developer team to release update.
PATCH DAY!!! Read patch notes below, server back up soon…
February 6th Rust Update
- Zombies Were Removed (Yep. We did it. We decided we couldn’t hold off any longer. The longer we keep zombies in – the more complaints we’d get about removing them. We are forcing ourselves to deal with it. We are no longer a zombie survival game! They’ve been replaced with red bears and wolves. You hate them. We know. They’re just plugging a gap for now. All will be revealed.)
- Wildlife Was Improved
- No longer exploitable by walking backwards
- Fears hostile wildlife
- Reacts to gunshots
- Hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you
- Wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore
- Removed white wolf
- Resource Objects Were Improved
- Added new models for wood & stone resources
- Wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
- Added another stone resource – contains mostly stone
- Other Changes
- Fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
- The ‘oil tank’ area has been modified with cover
- Workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
- Added new player animations
- Improved melee attack animations
- Grass textures have been improved
- Footstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
Added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
- When you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
- Someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
- Lockpick tools are a default blueprint
- You can’t use lockpicks on doors
- The amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set to 0